Zim Integrated Logisitics currently has an open role for an Account Owner within the organization.
The Account Owner is the primary point of commercial contact with the customer. They are responsible for obtaining/maintaining business volumes. This person will develop business relationships with existing and new clients while ensuring the best possible revenue for ZIM.
ZIM Integrated Shipping Ltd was established in 1945, and has developed into one of the largest, leading carriers in the global container shipping industry.
At ZIM, we are committed to providing our clients around the world with reliable, flexible shipping solutions based on expertise gained from over half a century of experience. We cultivate long-term partnerships with our customers to delivering a range of services adapted to meet their specific needs with the ZIM seal of quality.
The successful candidate will be, but not limited to:
- Maintaining and managing an existing account portfolio with a focus on promoting profitable trade lanes in accordance with established monthly and quarterly sales targets.
- Implementing and maintaining a sales call cycle to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Targeting and developing new business opportunities with the objective of increasing revenue and market share.
- Serving as the principle point of contact for customer rate requests and on-going price negotiations.
- Monitoring and managing the account’s business volume and revenue metrics within our company CRM system.
- Performing interactions with other Canadian offices and within our global agency network to assist with Vancouver account related matters.
- Aiding and acting as a back up to our customer service group as needed.
- Maintaining and logging sales activities in the CRM system.
- Generating periodic sales forecast figures.
- A post-secondary education and or a minimum of 3 years’ experience
- Experience in the container shipping industry – an advantage.
- Working knowledge of the logistics industry technical terms, general operations, and procedures.
- Strong business presentation and social skills
- Diligent and methodical approach to obtaining new business.
- Excellent planning, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office products.