Western Canada Marine Response Corporation (WCMRC) is a Transport Canada certified Response Organization, whose mandate is to ensure there is a state of preparedness in place and to mitigate the impact when an oil spill occurs. This includes the protection of wildlife, economic and environmental sensitivities, and the safety of both the responders and the public.
WCMRC is recruiting for a Full Time Base Operations Supervisor to join our team, located in Vancouver, B.C.
Our Operations team is comprised of professionals with diverse skills and experience. Their ability to effectively manage and direct spill response procedures within the first few hours after response activation significantly reduces the negative impact oil can have on the surrounding environment.
The Base Operations Supervisors will:
• Organize, plan, schedule and supervise day-to-day operations to support spill response activities as required
• Plan and coordinate training and response readiness exercises, including training of contractors and new operations personnel on the proper use of equipment and vessels.
• Work in accordance with all legal requirements, attend and complete all required health and safety training, report all accidents, and take all necessary precautions to ensure personal safety and the safety of others
• Act as Master of WCMRC vessels when required
• Complete other responsibilities as assigned
To be successful in this role you will possess a minimum Master 60GT certification plus 5 to 7 years of previous marine experience, power equipment maintenance, and working knowledge of local coastlines, along with the completion of a post-secondary degree or diploma, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous supervisory experience is an asset. In addition, you are a collaborative team player with great communication and planning skills, and the ability to work well under pressure and meet multiple deadlines. Other marine certificates, education or experience would be an asset.
At WCMRC we value open and honest communication that fosters a climate of trust, integrity in all our business practices, success through competency, creativity and teamwork, and being a steward of the environment. We believe that putting our values into practice creates long-term benefits for our employees, shareholders, stakeholders, suppliers and the communities we serve.
If you share our company values and believe that you have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you. To apply, send a cover letter and detailed resume. Apply.
We thank you in advance for your response and regret that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
To find out more about us, visit our website at www.wcmrc.com.