The job involves on the job training in one or more of the following inspection functions and/or sampling activities:
• Studies and review inspection standards, regulations, manuals, and other instructional materials regarding specific cargo
• Inspect and monitor general condition of loading operation at various terminal
• Employee are expected to be able to climb stairways, access ladders and climbing into and out of ship holds.
• The work may involve regular and recurring work at all hours of the day or night. The work duties are performed in an industrial environment and some work is conducted exposed to the elements under varying weather conditions.
• Record on standard forms, information as to kind, quality and condition of cargo loaded onto vessels
• Candidates must be able to present issues and information, orally and in writing, in a clear, respectful, and truthful manner
• Possess valid BC driver’s license and dependable vehicle
• Willing and able to work unsociable hours
• Must be highly organized and able to work effectively in demanding environment with changing priorities.
• Ability to work as a team and independently
• Able to communicate and work with customers, terminal employees, and other inspection agencies
• Minimum of High School education