Pacific Basin is one of the world’s leading owners and operators of modern Handysize and Supramax dry bulk ships. We are headquartered and listed in Hong Kong and operate globally with a fleet of over 280 ships trading worldwide. Our team comprises over 4,200 seafarers and over 380 shore staff in 14 key locations around the world.
As part of our ongoing development, we have decided to recruit a suitable person for the following position:
Chartering Manager – Vancouver
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree.
- Chartering professional ideally with 6-years’ international dry cargo chartering/trading experience.
- Knowledge of demand and supply trends for cargoes, particularly in Pacific region.
- A thorough understanding of the operational practices, policies, and strategies of dry cargo chartering.
- Previous experience with maritime business software systems such as IMOS, Sedna, Shipfix, Portlog, etc.
- Dynamic, driven and ambitious team player with a proven track record.
- Ability to build strong relationships with customers, brokers and other key industry stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills, English language proficiency is essential.
- You can be anywhere in the world and want to live and work in Vancouver.
- Executing PB shipping services under the authority given by the chartering leadership.
- Selling of physical freight (spot/forward bookings and COAs), vessel chartering in/out, and operating.
- Assist in forming and executing commercial strategies, marketing and business development principally within the assigned region and/or other areas within the Pacific.
- Manage and cultivate long term relationships of existing/new customers and brokers.
- Proactively develop solutions for customers and deliver high levels of service performance.
- Conduct business transactions with transparency and integrity.
- Always protect Pacific Basin financial interests, brand and image.
- Research, plan, manage and coordinate commercial transactions with internal stakeholders such as the ship management team, operations and contract management.
- Take financial responsibility for fixtures/voyage execution, and contracts, protecting PB at all times.
- Strive to optimize voyage efficiency, report results, and provide operational/customer follow up.
- Timely internal upward reporting of commercial problems, disputes and customer complaints.
- Follow internal protocols for systems use, data entry and risk management systems.
- Local meetings and overseas travel when required in the support of business development and customer management.
- Participate in the collecting and sharing of freight market information across the global commercial team.
- As and when required, support, and cover other team members.