TO STRENGTHEN OUR TEAM IN VANCOUVER BC, WE ARE LOOKING FOR A
COMMERCIAL AND OPERATIONS ASSISTANT – TEMPORARY
• Commercial and Operational support, under the supervision of our Senior Operational Manager and our Traffic Manager, North America.
• Maintain professional relationships with customers, agents, brokers, and cargo receivers in the region.
• Assist with agency management, and proper reporting to US and Canadian Customs.
• Liaison with other Saga Welco offices.
• Assist the commercial and operations department.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
• Minimum 2 years relevant experience with agency and/or customs reporting.
• Relevant education.
• Excellent computer skills.
• Self-motivated and flexible.
• Organized and structured.
We offer competitive terms in an environment that gives possibility for personal and professional development.
Applicants must be a Canadian Citizen or have a current and valid permit to work in Canada.
This is a temporary position for approximately 2 years to cover maternity/parental leave.
Saga Welco is a global shipping company that offers high quality solutions for the transportation of forest products, breakbulk and bulk cargoes. A modern fleet of 49 open-hatch gantry crane vessels ensures that we maintain the highest standards in quality, cargo care and service for our customers around the world. Saga Welco offers worldwide services through offices in Tønsberg, Bergen, Savannah, Vancouver BC, Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo, Antwerp, Livorno, Tokyo, Seoul and Shanghai. Our head office is located in Tønsberg, Norway. For more information, visit our website www.sagawelco.com