Company Introduction–Evergreen Shipping Agency (America) Corporation is the North American general agent for Evergreen Line, one of the world’s leading providers of international shipping services. With a fleet of 160 container vessels serving over 240 locations in more than 90 countries, Evergreen Line’s network spans the globe and provides comprehensive logistics solutions to meet our customers’ needs and expectations. Evergreen Shipping Agency (America) Corporation maintains offices throughout Canada and the United States.
Qualifications – Candidates applying for positions in Evergreen must have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in a related field, and must demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills. Candidates must be authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship. While no experience is required, knowledge of or an interest in international business/logistics/supply-chain management is a plus.
Position Description–The position is entry-level and located at Evergreen Shipping Agency (America) Corporation’s Regional office in Vancouver, British Columbia.
Job responsibilities may include:
• Liaise between sales representatives and accounts on sales/marketing matters
• Promote sales and customer service
• Coordinate sales-related events and requirements
• Maintain account files and records of rate quotations in computer system
• Reply to accounts’ general questions/concerns related to shipments
• Assist with accounts’ various ocean transportation needs
• Process business correspondence (e.g., rate quotes, letters, service proposals, reports)
• Participate in joint sales calls with outside sales representatives in assigned territory
Compensation/Benefits–the salary level is competitive. Employees will become eligible for an excellent benefits package (including comprehensive insurance coverage without premium costs, Registered Retirement Saving Plan with generous company match and contribution, and paid vacation/holiday/sick leave/personal time, etc.) during their employment.
Work Hours–Normal business hours: Monday to Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm.