Trealmont Trade Lane Inc. a subsidiary of Trealmont Transport Inc. has an opening for a Manager, Sales & Business Development in Vancouver, British Columbia. The Company was originally founded in 1925 and has now grown within the Trealmont Transport Inc. with its various affiliates (which include Montship Inc.) within the shipping industry and is one of the oldest and most respected shipping agents in Canada.
The Manager, Sales & Business Development should be a dynamic individual with a proven track record of success in international logistics as Manager Sales and Business Development. In addition to maintaining excellent relations with key existing accounts, the successful candidate will bring their background in sales and international transportation to work closely with the Managing Director in the design of a business development strategy that will see the company grow and diversify in both Western and Eastern Canada. Key drivers of success will include growing the account base both across Canada as well as between imports and exports. Performance will be measured against the achievement of goals.
• Assisting in the design and periodic review of a business development strategy.
• Developing and executing an annual plan that identifies high potential target accounts and revenue objectives.
• Maintaining an excellent relationship with key accounts including assisting with the design of competitive transportation solutions.
• Making presentations to prospective and existing clients that detail logistics solutions tailored to their needs.
• Negotiating service contracts and spot rates with carriers and clients.
• Using your experience to assist key accounts resolve problems.
• Post-secondary education
• At least 5 years sales experience in freight forwarding, logistics or ocean transportation
• A track record of success identifying and closing prospective accounts
• Proven self-starter who is comfortable making presentations and working with a group
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Must have a valid BC Driver’s License
• Must have a valid passport and be available for travel
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes and skills:
He/She must be able to work in a team environment
He/She must possess good communication skills
He/She must be a team player
He/She must be able to multitask
He/She must be customer service oriented