Join our team that shares your Passion & Heart for Canadian agriculture AGT has an opportunity for a motivated, forward-thinking, and dedicated individual as a Rail Logistics Coordinator based in the Port of Vancouver. This position is responsible for managing rail logistics, maximizing terminal throughput and minimizing demurrage costs as well as maintaining terminal fluidity.
- Coordinate the allocation of grain through the terminal to meet vessel requirements;
- Communicate directly with our parent companies’ logistics departments to create a weekly rail plan for each of their sales programs;
- Manage terminal space availability as to ensure equal opportunity for all 3 of our owners to complete their sales programs in a timely and cost-effective manner;
- Be a liaison between our parent companies, terminal management staff and railways;
- Daily communication with both railways on the status of our pipeline and communicate it back to our operations team;
- Maintain terminal data reports;
- Manage the overall terminal pipeline.
Education and Qualifications:
- Experience in transportation logistics including rail and vessel shipment would be an asset;
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Transportation logistics or Business Administration or equivalent experience will be considered;
- Strong interpersonal skills and both verbal and written communications skills;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and collaborative working relationships both internally and externally;
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and achieve targets and meet deadlines;
- Attention to detail with high accuracy of work;
- High level of computer literacy and experience in excel spreadsheets is a must as well as databases, communication and word processing software applications;
- Experience in agricultural field would be considered an asset.
Alliance Grain Terminal Ltd. (AGT) Is a Canadian-owned export terminal located on the south shore of Burrard Inlet in the Port of Vancouver. AGT was acquired in 2007 by its parent companies, Paterson Global Foods, Parrish & Heimbecker Ltd. and Northwest Terminals Ltd. The Facility has an annual capacity of 4.6 million metric tonnes and provides terminal services for the movement of Canadian agricultural products to export markets.
Alliance Grain Terminal is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that is reflective of Canadian society. As a result, Alliance Grain Terminal is an equal opportunity employer and is in compliance with the Employment Equity Act. We welcome applications from women, aboriginal people, people with disabilities and members of visible minorities.