We are a Ship Management and crewing company operating and managing a modern fleet of DP shuttle tankers, tugs, a bulk carrier, product tankers and pilot boats. In addition, we provide crew management services to other vessel owners. We offer opportunities for career advancement, excellent compensation, pension plans, and full benefits.
Superintendent – Product Tanker
We are seeking an experienced Marine Superintendent for the Vancouver area.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the incumbent will have full responsibility of all operational aspects of assigned vessel’s day to day operation within given framework in the format of budgets and contractual performance requirements
• Primary contact between assigned vessels, the company shore organization, vessels owners and customers relating to all aspects of day to day operations;
• Following the owner’s technical and commercial operation contractual requirements;
• Preparing, monitoring and status-reporting of the operational budget;
• Ensuring compliance with flag administration legislation and Class rules and regulations, codes, guidelines, Industry requirements and company policy
• Implementing, promoting, reviewing, proposing improvements and participating in audits as required by the ISM/ISO Quality Safety and Management System (QSMS).
• Responsible for monitor daily operations, keeping regular contact with the Masters and crews by correspondence and visits, reporting outcomes to the Operations Manager as considered necessary.
• Responsible for monitoring planned maintenance and spare part systems, ensuring due maintenance is carried out
• Supervising dry-dockings and major repair specification
• Senior officer’s certificate
• Minimum combined 3 years of experience shore side and senior Officer role
• Work experience in the Port of Vancouver (an asset)
• Strong safety culture
• Human Element Leadership and team working skills management
• Critical thinking skills
• Able to work in high pressure environment
• Knowledge of dry-docking procedures (an asset)
• Available to work on call
Apply by email or fax only and indicate in the subject line the position you would like to be considered for:
Canship Ugland Ltd
P.O. Box 8040, Station ‘A’
St. John’s, NF
Canship Ugland Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and encourages members of all designated groups to apply. Only those persons considered for an interview will be contacted. No telephone enquiries please.