Jastram Technologies Ltd is expanding its team. If you are passionate about the commercial marine sector, and have a genuine interest in guiding customers through the technical aspects of marine products and finding solutions, we have a terrific opportunity available to you.
Jastram Technologies Ltd, and its sister company, Jastram Engineering Ltd, together provide steering systems, premium searchlights, navigation lights, horns, anti-fouling systems, cable transits, cooling systems, captain’s chairs, sewage systems, technical lighting, and much more to commercial marine companies. We have offices in Nova Scotia and Ontario. This opportunity is based at the head office in North Vancouver, BC.
THE CHALLENGES THAT AWAIT YOU
Create new business opportunities to ensure continued business growth of the distribution business in Western Canada;
Collaborate with other members of the sales team to contact, qualify, develop and convert existing and potential business opportunities;
Work with the team to build an effective sales strategy and year plan adapted to market needs;
Develop new opportunities in land-based sectors including Mining, Forestry Energy and Commercial / Industrial markets;
Develop and maintain relationships with key customers and project initiatives to support future business;
THE PROFILE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a Technical Sales and Support Specialist to join our family who will provide rock star service to all customers; an individual possessing a consultative sales approach who naturally makes contacts and creates new business relationships. We sell by not ‘selling’ as much as asking the right questions to learn the customer’s real need and giving them the right information to make their best informed choice, whether it is our solution or not. You will be technically savvy and be open to constantly learning while guiding our customers through the sales process and sharing with them your knowledge in a manner they can identify with.
Ideally, you have the following skills and traits:
• 5 years or more of experience in a technical sales role;
• Highly ethical and service driven as you will often be the face of the company to our customers;
• Ability to skillfully navigate in a sales context at the executive level including presentation skills and strong networking experience;
• Experience in the marine industry with contacts in mining, forestry and energy sectors considered an asset;
• A problem solver and someone not afraid to collaborate to find the right solution;
• Outstanding interpersonal skills with strong aptitude for building relationships in person, through email and over the phone;
• Good organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and complete heavy workloads;
• Positive attitude and a strong sense of commitment to deadlines;
• Ability to balance autonomy and collaboration
• Be willing and able to travel within Western Canada and internationally as necessary;
• Be able to do occasional physical demands such as lifting up to 25 kg in a warehouse setting, working in a heavy industrial setting such as a shipyard, and a loud or confined space such as on board a commercial vessel.
• Bilingual in English and French is an asset;
THE ADVANTAGES OF JOINING THE TEAM
• Competitive salary and benefits package;
• Opportunities for advancement within the company;
• A great team with camaraderie and personality;
• Work for a company that has the wind in its sails and is preparing for growth in the short and long term;
Are you ready or ready to sail with us?
We thank all the candidates for their interest. We will only consider Canadian residents with local candidates getting preference.
Jastram promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Veterans