In line with Prime Minister Trudeau’s statement yesterday, where he noted the importance of keeping the Canadian supply chain moving, the G20 Leaders Summit has released a statement noting that they are determined to spare no effort to:
- Protect lives.
- Safeguard people’s jobs and incomes.
- Restore confidence, preserve financial stability, revive growth and recover stronger.
- Minimize disruptions to trade and global supply chains.
- Provide help to all countries in need of assistance.
- Coordinate on public health and financial measures.
The group is committed to taking all necessary health measures and seek to ensure adequate financing to contain the pandemic and protect people, and share timely and transparent information between nations. The group is also committed to using the tools available to minimize the economic and social damage from the pandemic, restore global growth, maintain market stability, and strengthen resilience. Read the full letter here.