On November 14, the proposed Marine Safety Fees Regulations was published in the Canada Gazette with a 60-day comment period. The proposed Regulations seek to modernize and simplify the fee schedule for the delivery of Transport Canada’s services under the Canada Shipping Act 2001, and more specifically the Cargo, Fumigation and Tackle Regulations and the Board of Steamship Inspection Scale of Fees. The proposed Regulations cover fees amendments for the following:
- Mandatory inspections of grain, timber deck cargo and concentrates for export;
- Verification of shippers’ procedures;
- Inspections relating to bulk and/or packaged dangerous goods;
- Tank washing inspection; and
- Rescinding detention orders issued by after Port State Control inspection.
The complete regulatory text is available here.